Monday, May 25, 2009

What would I be without these hilarious humbling moments?

At the greenhouse it is great fun to scare co-workers. Heck. It's great fun to scare anyone. And it's relatively easy to do at the greenhouse since you deal with a lot of absorbed workers.



I was pretty hyper the other day at work (a rather common occurance, but it keeps me motivated) and I had run up to the front where the break-room and retail store are to grab my mp3 player. There's a half-wall with cupboards that divides the break room from the store half and I heard someone in there.



Out of impulse I decided it would be a great idea to scare someone...so I crouched down behind the wall ready to jump and freak them out. I peeked around the wall and to my horror I saw that it was Nick...a brand new guy who was taking over management for the weekend....I froze in horror with no time to change my position.



I stood up just as he came by...he skidded off to the side and shouted, "What are you trying to do!?

I was utterly embarrassed caught red-handed as I was...I mean...there is really no excuse for being crouched down on the floor.

"I'm sorry! I thought you were one of the girls." I yelled, laughing so hard at my predicament I had to brace myself on the table.

Wanted to sink right through that floor. Grr..

I think I stick to scaring those I can see.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh, no! Well, at least he's just there for the weekend, right?