Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sad day

This blog just might fall apart. I came back to work yesterday and discovered the saddest fact: Chuck quit. And now...I don't know if I'll have any more stories about work.

Ken has replaced him. He's actually quite scary looking...the furthest looking from a 'Ken' you can get. A big barrelly man whose only form of communication so far is Grunt. A language which I don't find very informative.

The greenhouse has been absolutely crazy lately because they've been shipping so many loads every day. Keeping up with watering, cleaning, and picking is enough to make someone lose their mind. The miscommunication that goes on there doesn't help much.

Here's an example of our sophisticated conversations.

Me: What do you want me to load on this cart?

Crystal: Moonlight Strawberry, Moonlight Raspberry, Blues, Calypso, and let me see...and some tango too.

Me: Moonlight?? I don't even know what that is.

Crystal: They're up front and some are over here.

Me: Alright so we need Moonlight Cherry, Moonlight strawberry..

Crystal: No, no, no...moonlight strawberry and moonlight raspberry and blues and calypso

Me: Wait! I can't remember all of those...I'll just do the moonlight cherry and raspberry.

Crystal: It's strawberry and raspberry.

Me: Right.

::Lydia goes off and returns 5 minutes later::

Me: Crystal...those aren't moonlight raspberry down there...it's American Raspberry. Do you want American or moonlight? or is there even moonlight raspberry.

Crystal: I don't know...that just what Lynelle said.

::She goes marching off to Lynelle and I follow::

Crystal: Lynelle, does the list say Moonlight or American for the raspberry?

Lynelle *scowl*: Moonlight.

Me: Well there are no moonlight strawbery...err..I mean there are no moonlight raspberry. Only moonlight strawberry and cherry but there is American raspberry.

Lynelle: Are you sure you looked?

Me: Yes.

:: all three march off to Juan...me following and moaning about the tragedies of this job::

Crystal: Juan, do we want moonlight raspberry or american raspberry? We can only find moonlight strawberry and cherry and american raspberry and we don't know which we should load.

Juan: There's no moonlight strawberry?

::everyone starts explaining at the same time::

Juan *highly stressed looked*: I don't know! Load what you want. No don't! Just don't load anything american....

....and thus life goes on....

No comments: