Friday, February 20, 2009

Wonders never cease.

Well, let me rephrase that: Accidents never cease.

at least at this joint.

But for sure, with that, God's blessings and protection never cease. Or else, we'd have long ago perished.

When I review my day I realize what a great idea it was for God to give us a sense of humor.

And really, 'bad' circumstances lead to so many more reasons to thank God.

Like for the following:

For getting to Fargo to work safely on nasty roads.

How stupid one feels for almost slipping on the icy sidewalk 3 times right on the street.

The humor of being offered a job (when I wasn't looking for one) in this economic recession.

The hilarity of having three people think I worked at UPS while running several hundred copies there in single afternoon.

Hearing that my 11 year old brother cut his left hand badly with a chop saw...and was being rushed to the ER. And the blessedness of actually working right up near the hospital so I could visit as soon as I was off.

Elevators are amazing, ya know...I don't think I've ever appreciated them before. I have almost always opted for stairs, but today I didn't have much energy for stairs and they sure saved me a lot.

There was so many smiley nurses today. What a blessing. And the Romanian Nurse was the best of all! She had an amazing sense of dry snappy wit.

My dear brother was sick of everyone asking him his age, weight, & d.o.b....that he started to purposely say the wrong thing. "1000 lbs" and that it was his right arm and not his left that needed operating. He was a tough little cookie and I'm proud of him. And, he was trying to make candlesticks for mom to begin with so I imagine it will be some time before he gets to accomplish that feat!

God also blessed us by having our bishop be at the hospital about seven hours! It was so good of him.


How different of a day than I anticipated!

No comments: