Wednesday, December 9, 2009



My darling little sister is 4 years old today.

I can't believe it.

Yesterday she began crying because I wouldn't be at home to celebrate it with her. Not for any selfish reason she just felt terrible that I had to work all day. I remember crying on this very day 4 years ago when she was born. ::laughs:: I was such a little twerp back then. It wasn't any gentle cry either...::sigh::...I was an absolute emotional wreck and I sobbed and physically shook for hours. Why? because my mom was in labor with her for days in the middle of a state-wide ice storm. I had been up for nearly two days when she did arrive and the shock of wonder at being able to see her come into the world was just a little too much on me.

I love you Talitha. Quit growing up so fast!


2 comments:

Chip said...

NO WAY!!! That was four years ago? Yikes.
You were? a little twerp? What? Now you are a big twerp? hehe

Chip

Lyd said...

I'm not a twerp anymore!

I'm not.

I'm not.

I'm not.